Fuel Quality

Senate Bill 2119 in the 86th Legislature transferred responsibility for the Motor Fuels program from the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA) to the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR). TDA and TDLR have worked together to make sure that the transfer of the Motor Fuels program goes as smoothly as possible for consumers and licensees.

As of September 1, 2019:

·         To file a complaint about fuel quantity or fuel pump measurement, advertised price, or device registration, please visit the TDLR Complaints page. Learn about TDLR’s Complaint Investigation and Resolution process here:   https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/complaints/

·         To file a complaint about fuel quality, please visit the Texas Office of the Attorney General.

·         To report an environmental emergency, discharge, spill, or air release, such as leaky hoses, please call the State of Texas Spill-Reporting Hotline at 1-800-832-8224 24 hours a day. For more information, including links to rules, laws, technical assistance, waste management, and State Emergency Response Commission (SERC), please visit the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality website.

Distributors, Wholesalers, Jobbers and Suppliers

TDA will continue to handle registration of motor fuel distributors, wholesalers, jobbers, suppliers, licensed service companies and licensed service technicians on behalf of TDLR. All registrants will be notified when this function transfers to TDLR.

Additional Questions?

Please see the TDLR Motor Fuels webpage.