How to Make a Public Information Request
To request records maintained by the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA), you must submit a request in writing using one of the following methods:
- By submitting a request online.
- Mail to:
Public Information Office
Texas Department of Agriculture
PO Box 12847
Austin, Texas 78711
- Fax to: (800) 509-1159
- Email: Pub.Info@TexasAgriculture.gov.
- In person at any TDA office. You can find a list of locations by clicking here.
Public information requests are not accepted by phone. You do not need to use a specific form to submit a public information request.
What to Include in Your Request
Your written request should include, at a minimum, the following information:
1. Your name and current contact information (email, phone number, address);
2. The manner in which you are requesting the information be delivered to you (postal mail, email, in person), and the format in which you would like it provided (electronic or printed files);
3. A detailed description of the information you are requesting;
4. Any relevant dates, incident, investigation, or report numbers; and
5. Any other information that may helpful to promptly identify the information and provide a response to your request.
Be sure to provide the best information so that the Public Information Office may contact you if more information is needed or there are any questions or issues with your request.
You do not
have to indicate why you need the information or what it will be used for. You will never be asked these questions when requesting public information.