The Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA) is committed to promoting a culture of integrity within the agency. As part of the agency’s commitment, TDA has instituted a Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Prevention Program to provide its employees with the necessary guidance and support to prevent, detect, and eliminate fraud, waste, and abuse within the agency. TDA’s Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Prevention Program complies with Executive Order RP-36 of July 12, 2004.
Reports of suspected fraud or illegal activities involving state resources may be made by:
- • contacting the Texas State Auditor's Office Hotline (SAO) by calling (800) TX-AUDIT (892-8348);
- • visiting the Texas State Auditor's Office Website at https://sao.fraud.texas.gov/;
- • contacting the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA) by calling the TDA Fraud Hotline at (512) 475-3423 or ( 866) 5-FRAUD-4 (866) 537-2834; or
SAO investigates alleged misuse of state resources and illegal acts involving:
- • expenditures by state agencies, colleges or universities
- • the use of state grant money
- • funds received through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (or federal stimulus funds) and
- • funds for Hurricane Ike victims.
You may view the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 Employee Rights Notice