Export pens are open 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Contact the facility operator at least 24 hours in advance to make arrangements for operation outside of these hours.
NOTICE: All livestock shipments must have a reservation number. Livestock will not be unloaded without a reservation.
1. Fees for use of the facility and other services are due at time of service and the fee schedule is posted inside the office. Payment must be by check or money order. Cash is not accepted. Click here to view the Export Pen Fee Schedule.
2. Proper USDA or Canadian health papers must be presented to TDA staff before livestock can be unloaded.
3. Animals are unloaded in the order they arrive at the facility. However, facility managers may expedite the unloading of shipments if they believe the animals may be in distress or may suffer undue hardship if not unloaded promptly.
4. TDA personnel must supervise loading and unloading of livestock.
5. If the truck driver, owner and/or broker specifies that the shipment is not to be unloaded at the facility, TDA reserves the right to require the shipment to be unloaded at any time if deemed necessary for the safety and welfare of the livestock. If the truck driver, owner and/or broker fail to promptly comply, the shipment may be expelled from the facility.
6. TDA personnel will process all animals at the facility in a humane, safe and efficient manner. They will report any instances of animal abuse or neglect to the appropriate USDA and Texas Animal Health Commission offices in accordance with established policies and procedures.
7. TDA will work in conjunction with USDA, the Texas Animal Health Commission and appropriate local agencies to ensure the welfare of all livestock processed through the facility.
8. TDA is not responsible for any costs associated with the death or injury of livestock while at these facilities, whether on trailers or in the pens.
9. The truck driver, livestock owner and/or broker are responsible for removal and disposal of all animals that are dead upon arrival at the facility and any animals that expire at the facility. Deceased animals are to be removed promptly and under no circumstances will be allowed to remain at the facility overnight. If the responsible parties cannot dispose of deceased animals promptly, the facility operator will do so. The responsible party will be assessed a disposal fee.
10. Customers must discuss special bio-security requirements with the TDA at least 5 business days before the expected shipment arrival date. Contact
Director, International Programs and Livestock Export
11. TDA rules strictly prohibit selling, trading or changing ownership of livestock at the export Facility.
12. Parking is allowed in designated areas only.
13. Telephones are for official state business only.
14. Loitering and consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages is forbidden.
15. Visitors are not allowed in livestock areas unless accompanied by a TDA employee.