CONVENIENCE TESTING FOR STRUCTURAL PESTICIDE APPLICATORS
The Texas Department of Agriculture has contracted with PSI Services to conduct examinations for structural pesticide applicators. This convenient testing opportunity allows those who qualify for a license to use online and phone registration for scheduling exams.
Twenty-two examination sites are located in Texas with each facility being staffed by employees who will monitor the exams and provide final, on-site scores upon completion. Exam fees have been reduced from $75 to $64 each. The increase in available exam locations is in response to growing interest and demand.
STRUCTURAL PEST CONTROL LICENSES APPLICATION PROCESS
Significant procedural changes have been made for obtaining a structural pest control license. Applicants must now be pre-qualified by TDA prior to registering to take examinations with PSI.
● Applicants for Technician License must complete an Application for Apprentice Registration & Technician License and pay license fees.
ELIGIBILTY AND EXAMINATION FOR TECHNICIAN LICENSE:
An applicant may only sit for a Technician examination category in which they have completed the approved twenty hours of course-work outlined in Rule 7.133(h)(1) and the forty hours of on-the-job-training and eight hours classroom training outlined in Rule 7.133(h)(2).
Include a copy of your Technician Training Certificate. You will not be eligible to take the licensing exams until proof of completion is submitted to TDA
● Applicants for Certified Applicator License must complete an Application for Certified Applicator License and pay license fees.
ELIGIBILITY AND EXAMINATION FOR CERTIFIED APPLICATOR LICENSE:
Applicants for Commercial Certified Applicator must meet one of the following requirements to be eligible to take Certified Applicator Exams:
· Have at least 12 months of verifiable pest control experience out of the past 24 months and have possessed a SPCS technician license for at least 6 months; or
· Have a degree in the biological sciences from an accredited college or university (acceptable degrees include Agronomy; Entomology; Animal Science; Landscape Architecture; Forestry; Agricultural Science; Biology; Chemistry; Environmental Science; Earth Science; Horticulture); or
· Have proof of previous employment or experience in the industry or technical field experience of at least 12 months out of the past 24 months from a previous occupation; or
· Have previously held a Certified Applicator license; or
· Have held a Noncommercial Certified Applicator license with TDA for at least 24 months.
For Noncommercial and Noncommercial Political Certified Applicator licenses only:
· Must have taken a department approved, minimum six (6) hour noncommercial/technician training course.
● All applicable license fees and documents such as official transcripts, training certificates and signed/notarized statements or letters from the appropriate licensing entity must be submitted to TDA’s licensing department in Austin.
● After all documents are received by TDA, applicants will receive an Examination Eligibility Letter and may then contact PSI to register, make payment and schedule examinations. PSI will provide additional information upon successful registration.
Examination Site Locations in Texas:
Abilene, Amarillo, Arlington, Austin (2), Corpus Christi, Dallas (2), El Paso, Fort Worth, Harlingen, Houston (4), Lubbock, McAllen, Midland, San Antonio (2), Tyler, Waco.
PSI also has examination centers in many other regions across the United States. Upon special request to PSI, applicants may qualify to take examinations at these locations.
For updated information and to obtain a Structural Pest Control Examination Candidate Information Bulletin containing important information about computer-based examinations, visit www.psiexams.com/
Click here to download this information in pdf format