The Mission of the Seed Law program is to monitor labeling of seed packages to help ensure that consumers receive the quality and type of seed they pay for, that the seed will germinate or sprout as stated on the label, and will produce the kind of plants represented.
The Seed Law Program:
- Performs seed sampling regulatory activities
- Performs laboratory analysis and field grow-out testing on seed samples
- Issues Vegetable Seed License
- Issues Permit numbers for reporting seed sales under the Reporting System
- Prints and issues Texas Tested Seed Fee Labels
- Investigates seed complaints
- Ensures seed is not contaminated with noxious weed seed.